Like I told you before, ditch your old USB drive. It’s so outdated as your CRT monitors and your “Flock of Seagulls” LP record. Cloud storage is the future! With Dropbox, you can access your files in the office or wherever you are (i mean as long as you have an internet connection) OK…O.K. But Wait! What if it’s blocked by your freakin’ Websense guard dog? (This is always the case). Don’t whine OK . Don’t forget, you are at work and you are not supposed to play with your Dropbox anyway.
However, in case you really need to. That’s easy!
But promise me first that you will never use this trick to perform criminal activities right? Do not keep a stolen Percocet or a packet of medicinal MJ in it ok? Or in a very realistic possibility (considering the nature of our job) do not store any Protected Health Information in your DropBox, especially if it’s not yours.
This is for educational purposes only
How to send files into your Dropbox through email.
- Get a Dropbox account (if you do not have one)
- Go to SendToDropbox (http://sendtodropbox.com/)
- Click the “ConnectToDropbox” link
- You will be prompted to allow Sendtodropbox to access your Dropbox account.
- Click yes and you will be given an exclusive email address that you can use to send files into your Dropbox account.
- There is a drag and drop preference setting to allow you to point where in the Dropboxes’ file hierarchy you want the file to go. Initially just keep it on default.
- Send files to your Dropbox from your office Outlook or any available email client and attach the file you want to store.
- Click send and that’s it
- It’s easy…right?!
How to download a file from anywhere and save it directly into your Dropbox.
- Enter the URL of the file you wish to download in the appropriate field.
- Enter the email address of your Dropbox account. This is not the same as the email address you got from Sendtodropbox. This the username for your Dropbox account
- Enter your Dropbox password
- Click submit and wait.
- A message will appear as soon as your dirty little deed succeeds.
- That’s it!
Now, its time for you to try it. Don’t forget to leave me a comment later!
Incoming search terms:
- dropbox blocked